RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR STUDENTS AND PARENTS
Regular attendance and promptness are necessary for satisfactory school work and proper student training.
Parents/guardians will assist the teachers in performing their task of teaching by supporting the following requests:
- Have the student at school early enough to be in his/her seat by 8:00 a.m. After 8:00 a.m., students are considered tardy.
- Fifteen minutes before the opening of school is ample time for a student to be ready for the beginning of school. Supervision will begin at that time. If a student must arrive before that time, advance arrangements must be made.
- Whenever possible, arrange for dental and medical appointments outside of school hours.
- Whenever the student is absent, a written explanation to the teacher is required within twenty-four hours of the student’s return to school. If no explanation is given within the allotted time, the absence will not be considered excused.
- Following an excused absence, it is the student’s responsibility to make up all work as determined by the teacher. Students may not be allowed to make up work missed due to an unexcused absence unless satisfactory prior arrangements have been made at least one week in advance of the absence.
- Please take careful note of the scheduled vacation periods, holidays, and school events. The school will be sure to notify you of any changes.
- Recognize that the students, at times, will be asked to participate in the care and up-keep of the school property without pay. Students will also be asked to participate in group, or class performances at the school or SDA church.
- Students are to be out of the school building and off the grounds within fifteen (15) minutes of the close of the school day.
Parents are welcome to visit classes in session when an appointment is made ahead of time with the teacher. As a courtesy to both teachers and students, please don’t interrupt a class without appointment, except in an emergency.
In the event of inclement weather, causing transportation to be dangerous, our school will close on the first day when the Meridian City Public Schools close. On subsequent days, the principal and school board chairperson will make a decision as to whether to keep the school closed, open at a later time, or open as usual. You may listen for this information on radio station WOKK (97.1FM) or on the local television station.